Procedure for obtaining NIS Quality Mark certificate
This is a voluntary product certification scheme to reward excellent product performance through consistent compliance to the requirements of the relevant Nigerian Industrial Standards at the point of production and on the market. It is also to encourage manufacturing industries to continually improve the quality of their products and production processes.
The process for obtaining the NIS Quality Mark Certificate is as follows:
- Submit factory samples, market samples for analysis.
- The Standard Organization of Nigeria will then analyze the samples based on sector based index. SON will also conduct quality management process analysis using the following KPIs:
- Leadership intent towards quality operating environment & best practice adoption.
- Consumer awareness Information & analysis.
- After the analysis stage, Products that meet the requirements will be honoured at a grand ceremony with presentation of certificates and plaques.
- The manufacturer will be issued with a license to use the prestigious Award logo on promotional and communications materials, which confers the additional following benefits for the product:
- Special marketing advantage
- Access to international markets with improved global competitiveness.
Team 618 Bees
The information in this blog post (“post”) is provided for general informational purposes only, no information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through this post without seeking the appropriate legal or professional advice from the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer. This post is protected by intellectual property law and regulations. It may however be shared using appropriate sharing tools provided that our authorship is always acknowledged and this Disclaimer Notice attached.