Filing Financial Statements under the Companies & Allied Matters Act in Nigeria (CAMA)

Filing Financial Statements under the Companies & Allied Matters Act in Nigeria (CAMA)

November 02, 2021

Financial statements are records of the financial activities of a company over a period of time.

At the end of every financial year, the director of a company is required by the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA) to prepare a financial statement for the company. The financial statement must show the following.

  1. The balance sheet of the accounting year
  2. Profit and loss or Income and expenditure (for companies not trading for profit)
  3. Notes on the account
  4. The directors report
  5. The auditor’s report
  6. Financial summary
  7. For a holding company, the group financial statement is required.
  8. A private company need not include the listed information below;

i. Statement of accounting policies .

ii. State of source and application of fund.

iii. Changes in equity

iv. Value-added statement for the year.

Additional requirement may be included to the above as required by applicable accounting standards.

Not every company is required by CAMA to file their financial statement along with their Annual returns. Small companies are not required to file their financial statements when filing Annual returns. The CAMA defines a small company as a company where its Annual turnover does not exceed N120, 000, 000 (One hundred and Twenty Million) and where the Net asset does not exceed N60,000, 000 (Sixty Million). Every other company that the turnover exceeds that of a small company would file as a company other than a small company and is required to file Annual returns with their Financial statement attached.

Team 618 Bees



618 Bees can quickly and easily help you file your Financial Statements as required by the Company and Allied Matters Act 2020 in Nigeria. Log on to our website or email, or give us a call on +2349017190079. 618 Bees will complete your application with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).


The information in this blog post (“post”) is provided for general informational purposes only, no information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through this post without seeking the appropriate legal or professional advice from the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer. This post is protected by intellectual property law and regulations. It may however be shared using appropriate sharing tools provided that our authorship is always acknowledged and this Disclaimer Notice attached

More Articles


Connect With Us

Got any questions?

If you are having any questions, please feel free to ask.

Send us an email

Frequently Asked

  • What additional documents do I require to file my Annual Returns?
  • What’s the difference between a business name and an LLC?
    • A business name is a sole proprietorship, usually owned and managed by one individual only. Legally, the sole proprietor and his business are one. It simply means an individual trading with an alias. The sole proprietor is personally liable for all business related obligations.

    • A limited liability company on the other hand is a separate business entity from the individuals that hold its shares and act as directors. Legally, it’s a separate business entity and a person on its own who can transact business, own property separate from its owners and can sue or be sued. 

  • What is a testimonium clause in an agreement?

    This is the part of the agreement where the witness attests to have witnessed the execution of the agreement.

  • Can I process/register multiple products at NAFDAC at the same time?

    Yes, you can process/register multiple products at the same time

  • Is it legal to transfer the personal data you obtained legally to another person?

    No, its not legal. This is because the law prohibits anyone from transferring the data of a third party to another person without consent from the third party to do same even if the data was rightfully obtained in the first instance.

  • Do I need permission to copy or use any copyright material in Nigeria?

    You do not require permission under the Nigeria Law to use or copy a copyright material when it is for research purpose, educational, non-commercial purpose, reviews and criticism etc

    However, when the copies are large, you must seek permission from the copyright owner.

  • Do I have to physically drop off my product sample at NAFDAC office?

    No, you can choose to have it sent to NAFDAC office

  • How many shareholders do I need to start a company?

    A minimum of one (1) adult shareholder is required to form a company.

  • Can I trademark my logo and name separately? Why is this a good idea?

    Yes you can. The advantage is that it gives you the opportunity to have more than one logo or the opportunity to change your logo easily as opposed to registering the name and the logo as one trademark.

Call Us Now on +234 901 719 0079 Chat on WhatsApp