How to change the name of your company in Nigeria
The Name of a company can be changed if so desired by the members of the company.
The following are steps to change the name of a company;
- A resolution must be passed by the members of the company that the name of the company be changed and the new name of the company be approved.
- An application for the reservation of the new name would be made and if approved you can proceed to the next phase. The reservation of name is done on the pre-incorporation portal.
- After reservation of name, the Memorandum and Articles of Association (MEMART) would be rewritten according to how it was at incorporation but the company name on the new MEMART would be changed to reflect the new name.
- Copies of the MEMART along with the resolution would be taken to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) office for assessment and stamping. The payment for the alteration is usually done on the FIRS website.
- The next step is to apply for the change of name on the post-incorporation portal of the company using the availability code gotten from the reservation of the new names.
- Complete the Forms and upload all necessary documents.
- On approval, a new certificate and status report would be given.
- The MEMART would be sent to the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) for stamping.
Note; for all CAC post-incorporation applications to be approved, the company must have filed up to date Annual Returns.
Team 618 Bees
618 Bees can help you quickly and easily help change the name of your company in Nigeria. Log on to our website www.618bees.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call on +2349017190079. 618 Bees will complete your application with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
The information in this blog post (“post”) is provided for general informational purposes only, no information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through this post without seeking the appropriate legal or professional advice from the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer. This post is protected by intellectual property law and regulations. It may however be shared using appropriate sharing tools provided that our authorship is always acknowledged and this Disclaimer Notice attached.