How to register a consortium in Nigeria
Consortiums are companies which are composed of separate and different companies coming together to pool resources for an agreed objective or specific duties. Each company will be responsible for the consortium as specified or set out in the consortium agreement.
The requirement for the proper registration of a Consortium includes the following:
- A formal application for consent to use the word ‘Consortium’ in the name of the company.
- Evidence of not less than 3 different companies forming the consortium.
- Evidence of registration in the home country, in the case of a foreign company
- A Resolution of each company in the consortium indicating consent to the consortium arrangement and stating the objectives of the consortium.
- The statutory declaration to wind up the consortium in accordance with the provisions of the Companies and Allied Matter Act (CAMA) upon completion of the object of the consortium.
- Statement of the object of the consortium in the memorandum of association.
- Inclusion of a clause to wind up the consortium in the articles of association.
- Evidence of updated annual returns of component companies
- Evidence of appointment of company secretary of component companies.
- Evidence of compliance with S.553 CAMA where applicable
- Upon obtaining the Consent, the Applicant can go ahead to register a new company with the same procedure for the registration of a new company.
Team 618 Bees
618 Bees can quickly and easily help you register a Consortium in Nigeria. Log on to our website www.618bees.com or email email@example.com, or give us a call on +2349017190079. 618 Bees will complete your application with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
The information in this blog post (“post”) is provided for general informational purposes only, no information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through this post without seeking the appropriate legal or professional advice from the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer. This post is protected by intellectual property law and regulations. It may however be shared using appropriate sharing tools provided that our authorship is always acknowledged and this Disclaimer Notice attached