How to obtain CERPAC in Nigeria

How to obtain CERPAC in Nigeria

March 13, 2024

CERPAC is the acronym for Combined Expatriate Residence Permit and Alien Card. This is a document issued to foreigners to legally live and work in Nigeria. An application for CERPAC can only be applied for and granted to a foreigner in possession of a subject to regularization (STR) visa or Entry permit. This application must be submitted within 3 months (90 days) of arrival. CERPAC is issued and renewed by the Nigerian Immigration Service.

There are two categories of CERPAC, namely:

  • CERPAC GREEN CARD: This is a bonafide document that allows a non-Nigerian to reside in Nigeria and carry out an approved activity as specified in the permit, or to accompany a resident or citizen of Nigeria as a dependant. This is valid for two years, and subject to renewal after expiration.
  • CERPAC BROWN CARD: This is a document that allows a foreigner resident in Nigeria or visiting with the intention to remain in Nigeria in excess of 56 days and crew members leaving their ship and staying ashore in excess of 28 days. This allows eligible foreigners to work in Nigeria indefinitely.


  • A copy of the expatriate quota approval
  • International passport with STR visa endorsement.
  • Duly completed CERPAC statutory forms.
  • A STR package containing STR documentation received from the Nigerian embassy/consulate.
  • Company’s board of directors’ resolution confirming appointment as director (where applicable).
  • Letter of appointment/Employment.
  • Acceptance of the offer of appointment/Employment.
  • Application letter from the employer requesting regularization of stay and accepting immigration.
  • Proof of financial capacity
  • Payment of prescribed fees


The following persons are exempted from applying for CERPAC, they are rather issued CERPAC Gratis:

  • Diplomats
  • Government Officials
  • Niger-wives
  • Non-governmental organisations

Team 618 Bees

618 Bees can quickly and easily help you apply and obtain CERPAC for your company’s foreign employees. Log on to our website or email, or give us a call on +2349017190079/08080819653. 618 Bees will complete your application with the Nigerian Immigration Service.



The information in this blog post (“post”) is provided for general informational purposes only, no information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through this post without seeking the appropriate legal or professional advice from the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer. This post is protected by intellectual property law and regulations. It may however be shared using appropriate sharing tools provided that our authorship is always acknowledged and this Disclaimer Notice attached

More Articles


Connect With Us

Got any questions?

If you are having any questions, please feel free to ask.

Send us an email

Frequently Asked

  • When are Annual Returns due for filing?

    A company’s first Annual Returns are due for filing after 18 months of its inception, subsequently it should be filed annually as the name implies. The filing dates could differ for each company depending on their financial year end but must be filed not later than 42 days after its Annual General Meeting.

    The Annual Returns for Business Names is due not later than the 30th of June each year except in the year the business was registered.

  • What’s the difference between a business name and an LLC?
    • A business name is a sole proprietorship, usually owned and managed by one individual only. Legally, the sole proprietor and his business are one. It simply means an individual trading with an alias. The sole proprietor is personally liable for all business related obligations.

    • A limited liability company on the other hand is a separate business entity from the individuals that hold its shares and act as directors. Legally, it’s a separate business entity and a person on its own who can transact business, own property separate from its owners and can sue or be sued. 

  • What are the terms of a contract?
    • an offer and an acceptance.
    • competent parties
    • Consideration
    • Legal subject matter
    • Mutual agreement/ Assent
    • Conesus ad idem
    • Obligation
  • When can I start renewal of the registration of my product(s) with NAFDAC?

    You can start renewal 6 months to the date of expiry.

  • What is personal data?

    This is any information that can be used to identify an identifiable human person such passport photograph.

  • What is a copyright?

    Copyright is the exclusive legal right given to an originator or an assignee to print, publish, perform, film, or record literary, artistic, or musical material, and to authorise others to do the same.

  • Is there a penalty for late renewal of registration of products with NAFDAC?

    Yes, there is a late renewal fee, which is dependent on the category of the product.

  • Can my kids be shareholders in my company?

    Yes your kids can hold shares in your company but there must be a minimum of two adult shareholders before kids can be included.

  • Can I trademark my logo and name separately? Why is this a good idea?

    Yes you can. The advantage is that it gives you the opportunity to have more than one logo or the opportunity to change your logo easily as opposed to registering the name and the logo as one trademark.

Call Us Now on +234 901 719 0079 Chat on WhatsApp