7 Advantages of Registering Your Copyright
The advantages of registering your copyright include the following:
- It protects the copyright holder from infringement: copyright infringement is common as people can steal your creations and pass it off as their own. However, with registration, the copyright holder can sue for infringement in Court.
- It establishes a public record of the copyright holder’s ownership
- It gives you the sole right to produce/reproduce his/her original work as much as they like.
- It makes you the sole beneficiary of your creations: through copyright registration, you become the sole owner of your creations, and if someone else sells it or reproduces it, you are the only one going to get the benefit.
- With copyright registration, you get validity that lasts throughout your lifetime plus 70years after your death.
- It gives you the right to easily sell/transfer or assign his/her rights to a third party.
- You become entitled to seek statutory damages and attorney’s fees in Court for infringement. Without registration, actual damages can be quite difficult to prove.
618 Bees can help you quickly and easily register a copyright. Log on to our website www.618bees.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call on +2349017190079. 618 Bees will complete your copyright registration with the Nigerian Copyright Commission.
The information in this blog post (“post”) is provided for general informational purposes only, no information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through this post without seeking the appropriate legal or professional advice from the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer. This post is protected by intellectual property law and regulations. It may however be shared using appropriate sharing tools provided that our authorship is always acknowledged and this Disclaimer Notice attached