How to change a Proprietor’s name at the Corporate Affairs Commission in Nigeria
The procedure necessary to effect the change of a proprietor’s name on a Business Name Form is as follows;
- Prepare a duly completed application form for the change of name.
- Attach the Affidavit in support of the change of name.
- Attach a formal application letter by the company to the Registrar General of the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) requesting for the change of name.
- Attach the original registration form for cancellation and apply for a Certified True Copy.
- Attach a valid Form of identification where necessary.
- Attach updated annual returns if the business is due to file Annual Returns.
- Submit documents to CAC for verification and assessment of fees.
- Make payment of the assessed fees.
- Attach the payment receipt and file same at the Corporate Affairs Commission closest to you.
Once all the requirements to effect the change of name has been satisfied. The commission will effect the change of name.
618 Bees can help you quickly and easily change a Proprietor’s name. Log on to our website www.618bees.comor email email@example.com, or give us a call on +2349017190079. 618 Bees will complete your copyright registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
The information in this blog post (“post”) is provided for general informational purposes only, no information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through this post without seeking the appropriate legal or professional advice from the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer. This post is protected by intellectual property law and regulations. It may however be shared using appropriate sharing tools provided that our authorship is always acknowledged and this Disclaimer Notice attached.