Benefits of registering your design
- Exclusive right: it gives you exclusivity to that design. You own the right to use the design to the exclusion of all others and if another person or company intends to use your design, they will first of all have to seek permission from you.
- Legal right: you have a legal right over the design and can sue anybody who uses the design without your permission.
- Protection: Registation protects the company from imitation of design or unauthorized copying of the design.
- Increased in commercial value: Having a registered design gives the design owner an increase in value because of the uniqueness of the product and it can be monetized when other companies require permission for the design.
- Business Asset: It can become part of the company’s business asset because it can be sold, transferred and assigned with permission.
618 Bees can help you quickly and easily register your design. Log on to our website www.618bees.comor email email@example.com, or give us a call on +2349017190079. 618 Bees will complete your registration with the Nigerian Ministry of Trade and Investment.
The information in this blog post (“post”) is provided for general informational purposes only, no information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through this post without seeking the appropriate legal or professional advice from the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer. This post is protected by intellectual property law and regulations. It may however be shared using appropriate sharing tools provided that our authorship is always acknowledged and this Disclaimer Notice attached.