Hence, we can now say that privacy policies are used by data controllers to inform the Data subject of the way and manner in which the data they disclosed would be used.
Accordingly, Regulation 2.5 of the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation ,2019 states that a Data controller must include the following details when collecting datg from a Data Subject;
- The Data Subject’s consent.
- Description of collectable personal information.
- Purpose of collection of personal data.
- Technical methods used to collect and store personal information, cookies,
- JWT, web tokens etc.
- Access (if any) of third parties to personal data and purpose of access;
- Highlight of the principles stated in section 5.
- The time frame for remedy and;
- Any limitation clause, provided that no limitation clause shall avail any data.
- Controller who acts in breach of the principles set out in Section 6.
Team 618 Bees
The information in this blog post (“post”) is provided for general informational purposes only, no information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through this post without seeking the appropriate legal or professional advice from the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer. This post is protected by intellectual property law and regulations. It may however be shared using appropriate sharing tools provided that our authorship is always acknowledged and this Disclaimer Notice attached