LIRS Company Registration in Lagos State
A company is required to register for taxes in Nigeria, also individuals, employees, partnerships, and communities pay personal income tax in Nigeria. Personal Income tax is payable to the relevant tax authority. Tax residents in Lagos State usually pay tax to the Lagos State Internal Revenue Service (LIRS). The taxes and other levies payable to LIRS include PAYE tax, withholding tax, business premises levy, development levy. We will however, focus on how to register for tax with the Lagos State Internal Revenue Service. To register your company or business the following steps would be taken:
- Search for the nearest LIRS office using the addresses on https://lirs.gov.ng/contact#locate_us
- An official application for PAYE tax registration including the response to LIRS questionnaire
- A copy of the following documents:
- For companies – Memorandum and Articles of Association, Certificate of Incorporation, and Form CAC 1.1 (Status report). Formerly, Form CAC 7 (Particulars of the Company’s Directors) and CAC 2 (Statement of share capital and return of allotment of shares).
- For enterprises – Business Name Registration Certificate and Form 1.1. Formerly, Form CAC 7.
- Utility bill
- Rent agreement
- Tax clearance of the directors
- Staff payroll
- Evidence of payment for development levy
- After registration, LIRS will issue a taxpayer ID and the details for remitting tax.
Team 618 Bees
618 Bees can quickly and easily help you register your business with the LIRS for taxes. Log on to our website www.618bees.com or email email@example.com, or give us a call on +2349017190079. 618 Bees will complete your application with the Lagos State Inland Revenue Service.
The information in this blog post (“post”) is provided for general informational purposes only, no information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through this post without seeking the appropriate legal or professional advice from the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer. This post is protected by intellectual property law and regulations. It may however be shared using appropriate sharing tools provided that our authorship is always acknowledged and this Disclaimer Notice attached