How to change the secretary of a Non-Profit Organisation in Nigeria
Under Section 598 of the Companies and Allied Matters Act 2020 (CAMA), a Secretary of an Incorporated Trustee can be changed or removed. However, the change must be effected by the procedure as laid down in the CAMA as follows:
- Formal application letter on the organization’s letter headed paper signed by the existing chairman, secretary, any trustee on record or a solicitor on his/her letter headed paper.
- Affidavit of Acceptance by the new secretary with a passport photo duly attached.
- Extracts of minutes of the general meeting where the appointment of the new secretary was approved, signed by the existing chairman and secretary known on record.
- Photocopy of valid means of identification of the secretary.
- Updated Annual Returns of the organisation
- Payment of necessary fees
Team 618 Bees
618 Bees can quickly and easily help you change/remove the secretary of your non-profit organisation in Nigeria. Log on to our website www.618bees.com or email email@example.com, or give us a call on +2349017190079. 618 Bees will complete your application with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
The information in this blog post (“post”) is provided for general informational purposes only, no information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through this post without seeking the appropriate legal or professional advice from the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer. This post is protected by intellectual property law and regulations. It may however be shared using appropriate sharing tools provided that our authorship is always acknowledged and this Disclaimer Notice attached